Friday, August 21, 2009

Moving again

Today I have been packing the cars so I can move back to school. I am looking forward to going back, but at the same time I have a feeling this semester, my final one, will be very different than semesters I have had in the past. New dorm, new roommate (who I have doubts about based on communications from her so far) many of the friends I had at school left or graduated at the end of last semester and so it may be a whole new experience.

I was knitting on the scarf pictured above almost exclusively until yesterday, when I cast on a sock and a shopping bag so I could have some knitting which requires less concentration. The scarf is from Estonian Lace today, and I'm knitting it in Malabrigo lace. I think if the only yarn in the world was made by malabrigo I might be happy with it. This stuff is amazingly soft, easy to work with and so very pretty. Everyone who sees this project loves it, even manly men who normally ignore knitting.

No comments: