Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spindle

This lovely made by the fantastic Jesh arrived in the mail today as the result of a swap. Its totally different than anything else in my collection and I love that. The photograph I took does not do it justice, even when I make the colors more true I can't capture the luminosity and richness of this whorl.

 I want to have a faboulous collection of spindles. I think if one could collect anything spindles are small, useful, beautiful and relatively inexpensive. I hate lugging useless items around from place to place and I love how beauty and practicality can be combined, making art out of life. This is my fourth spindle and I love every one. They have a different use and meaning than my wheel lately, the wheel has come to be a symbol of projects and work to be done, the spindles are simply to make yarn and to keep my hands forever moving.

On another note: my dad met the new pastor and he feels she will be well suited for our church. I've never had a lady pastor before, it should be interesting. We will see in May how it all pans out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That spindle is beauty! I'm just learning how to spin and bought my first good one, a midweight by Bosworth.

Congratulations on your scholarship!