Saturday, January 31, 2009

Unstuck


Due to the weather that caused this lovely image my car has been stuck for a few days now. Thursday I attacked the ice coating it and managed to get the whole thing cleaned off, only to discover that it was basically embedded in a puddle of ice. Today with more muscle, a dustpan and my old license plate I managed to dig it out and get it pushed out of its hole. It's tires were so cold that they had gone a little flat but now its sitting in a much better plowed area of the parking lot.

Having my car trapped made me feel trapped. I couldn't do the things I needed to do, I couldn't have gone anywhere had I even wanted to. Just knowing that made me crazy. Having my car free and spending a little time out of sight from campus for the first time since Sunday makes it better.

No comments: