Monday, June 30, 2008

I love my other job

Actually I love all my jobs. But when can you hear this conversation with a park ranger

Boss: NO! don't take my poo! I need that!!!!!!!!!!
Ranger: huh?
Boss: I need to make a faux buffalo pile for my demo.

this is my boss making the buffalo chips at Blennerhassett State Park in WV. Its an island in the middle of the Ohio River and it has a ton of facinating history.
Trails Inc. were presenting French and Indian war history, with a focus on prisoners. I protrayed a white woman who had been captured by the Shawnee in 1755 and in 1758 I was captured in a cherokee raid and traveling with that group back to my family.
here are the rest of the prisoners, not as priveledged as me

we did some experimental archeology and my boss took a description of how a group of cherokee warriers managed to swim across the Ohio river with their guns dry. He tied it on his back and went for a wee swim.
Now the original account was swimming a half mile, in December, huddling for warmth the rest of the night then fighting a battle afterwards. My boss didn't try that.
this is the Blennerhassett mansion, I could live there. sure.

all in all it was a great weekend

No comments: