Wednesday, March 28, 2007

And the blessings continue to rain down


Normally I don't proclaim my faith here on my blog, I don't really know why. In my life I have had trials and blessings both, and I regret none of the trials, nor the things I've gotten wrong. I find myself growing in surprising ways in the last few weeks, my faith regains it's strength, my will power has increased, along with my independence. I feel so free and life thrills me at everyturn. Blessings rain down upon me, in spite of all my sin and failure and humanness.

... there's nothing done or said that can't be forgiven...
Mark 3:28, The Message (paraphrased Bible)

...Love one another, In the same way I have loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples - when they see the love you have for each other.
John 13:34-35


Why am I suddenly so outspoken about my Christianity, maybe that's another thing that's changed about me, maybe not. But I like my strength and my healing and my growth. I love the blessings that let me know that the hard times are bearable, things like presents from the UK knitties from chat, I love you guys! they got me a 5lb bag of Techno Gummi Bears (YUM) and a very cute strawberry kettle, which is acting as a fruit bowl currently. Also Entrelac sent me a set of 13 lace stitch markers, they are so lovely and delicate, it makes me want to cast on NOW. :) I got another package and it was a special gift for me, my yearly box of 48 Prang colored pencils, which I have used since I was about five years old, sitting and drawing with my new pencils while listening to Bob Dylan today made me feel safe and secure, drawing the same things I always draw, with the right tools and listening to the songs that my dad used to sing to us.the field and barn, 4/2/06
I remember loving the green of the grass in this picture,
you only ever see that color in the spring when the grass comes up over the brown dirt and brown leftovers from last year,
a fresh new start on life

No comments: