Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lacevember questionare

The knitting questions, or the usual suspects

How long have you been knitting? oh about 3 years, I think, I didn't think it would be a important date at the time, now i wish i remember.

How did you learn to knit? my mom taught me, I remember that, I hadn't even seen her knit until there was a certain hat I wanted very badly, but couldn't find in the stores, so she dug up a pattern and knit me a hat. I remember watching her and picking up her knitting when she set it down.

Favorite thing about knitting? It keeps my hands busy

How long have you been knitting lace? right around a year, I have only had one successful project, the flickering flames skirt off of elann.com.

Favorite thing about knitting lace. Honestly, It just looks so impressive. I like feeling smug because the newbies are drooling on my oh-so-easy project

The yarn questions, or flash your stash

Favorite lace yarn? I have not knit enough lace to answer that question

variegated or solids for shawls? depends on the pattern, but a subtle varigation usually has the best of both worlds

Favorite lace color? oh, my. what a question. I have been on a natural color kick, but i also love greens and blues.

Technique, or show us your skillz

Circs or straights? what project? I like using circs instead of straights on flat projects, but I am a DPN junkie

Favorite lace knitting trick? tricks? there are tricks?

Lifelines? If so with what? oh that is a good idea. i should do that *blush*

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet? pins, I am broke and I don't block lace often enough to spend acutal money.

Pattern, or can you follow directions

shawls or lacey items? both, though my next big project will be a shawl

triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls? triangle is my favorite, and circular makes no sense at all. I just can't figure out how to wear them

Charts or printed instructions? I am learning how to do charts, and so far me likey.

Favorite lace you've knit? ... again, not enough experience...

Favorite lace you want to knit? the wing o' the moth shawl. I have ordered all the materials already too.

Just Fun, yup that's right, just for fun

Favorite jelly belly flavor? hmm, probably blueberry or watermelon

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red..... he was leif erickson's son or father, i don't know which, but i know they were related. and he discovered one or two of those cold countries

Coke, classic or with lime? Pepsi. or with lime

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves? sing along only during the month of december.

What is the definition of irony? Do you want me to actually work here?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? one, two, three *CRUNCH*

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door? because cats like consitancy

What is your superhero power? super confusion.

If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be? cream, with brown accents

What's for dinner tonight? whatever my lovey finace cooks, he promised to save me from the horrible cafeteria tonight.

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain? hair, or possibly small toys.

No comments: