Wednesday, July 19, 2006

what do you do with purple yarn

Wanted
A perfect project for a homespun single ply yarn aprox. 500 yds.
lacy but solid and sturdy
possibly a shrug or a stole.

this is the best yarn i've spun so far. it was so beutiful as a single I really struggled with plying it or not. so i played with it and decided to leave it as a single ply yarn. i am really glad i made this decision because this means that i have twice the yardage and the colors are amazing. but i don't know what I want to knit with it. i sorta started a clapotis but it really isn't right for this yarn. So I guess I need to check some books on lace patterns out of the library. I'm thinking a stole would be nice.

1 comment:

KBlicious said...

omg, this is GORGEOUS! my spindling class is now only 8 days away! yarn like this is what inspired me to learn to spin, I LOVE it!