Tuesday, October 09, 2007

in which I discuss Orange socks and the house I wanna marry

I finished the first socktober fest socks.
Yarn: Handspun superwash Merino 2 ply (dyed by yours truly)
Needles: size 1 KP Dpns
Pattern: generic diamond pattern that I made up, with a short cuff.



And about that house. I want it. I need it. It's pre-civil war era, falling apart and has a great story attached. If you want to see more of it look here
during the civil war the family who owned this house were all killed, except one woman. she lived in this house until she died, and she was really freakin' crazy. she would wash all her cash every week and hang it on the clothesline while guarding it with a shotgun. there's more details, but that's all i remember. this house is my dream, it's an unattainable dream. This house needs people, it needs to have tons of people in it, living and loving in it. this house was made for the matriarch, somebody who cooks tons of food and always has little kids running around screaming.
gratuous sweet baby shot

No comments: