Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I don't usually do this

I've had somthing kicking around in my head for a while, and I keep avoiding getting it out for others to see, but I'm gonna go ahead and toss it out there.

Logic:
Step one, God is Love. Simple, sweet, precious.

1 John 4:16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

Step 2, What is love?

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient,

love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

Step 3, So if God is Love...

God is patient,

God is kind.

He does not envy, He does not boast, He is not proud.

He is not rude, He is not self-seeking, He is not easily angered, He keeps no record of wrongs.

God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

God never fails.

Step 4, God and Christ are one. Therefore the description of God above, also is a description of Christ.

Step 5, As a Christian, we are called to be Little Christs, to live like Christ would live. It's not an easy way, but its a good way. Do we fit this description also? If I insert my name where the word love is, I could laugh, it's so far from who I am. If we live like this nobody would despise the church for all of it's failures. Nobody would have a stereotype Christian in their mind. No one would wince when they see a Christian T-shirt, sign, preacher, or church.

I challenge you, Live like love, and see the difference.

I won't apologize for the religious post, but I will show you my new yarn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice religious post, and I agree, if more Christians that I knew acted in that way, I probably wouldn't have left the church (but who knows?) Anyway, I think those are good ideals to strive toward.

And that's some pretty yarn. ~Angela