Thursday, September 14, 2006

the hat is done

This is my first FO from my handspun, and I actually liked working with this. before working with my yarn was a struggle. Although it is semi-blocking and the wet wool reeks. maybe I should've put woolite in with it.
This is what I started with.
Then It got to this point
Finally I have ended up with this. Ta Da!!!!!!!!!
I still need to weave in the ends, and take better pictures, but that will have to wait until the sky is blue and the hat is dry. because it stinks. i probably will have to re-wash it with woolite just to make it smell nice. i know the smell isn't there when it's dry, but what happens if my buyer gets caught in the rain?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! For heaven's sakes don't use Woolite, which actually damages woollen things. Use a good wool wash like Eucalan or some such that'll put a little lanolin back into it. They smell great too (mine smells like lavender.)