The Knit-Geek Questionnaire
1. What's your worst habit relating to your knitting?
Being anti-social so that i can count my sitiches.
2. In what specific ways does your knitting make you a better person?
It keeps my hands busy so that i am not being destructive.
3. How might you or your life be different if you were suddenly unable to knit?
my fingernails would be chewed, i would get more sewing done. and i would be way boreder in lecture classes.
4. If money were no object, what one yarn, and what one tool or gadget would you run out and buy first?
sea silk and a ball winder.
5. What knitting technique or project type are you most afraid of (if any)? What, specifically, do you fear will happen when you try it?
color knitting. and i fear that it will look bad.
6. Who is/are your knitting hero(es), and why?
Stephanie Pearl McFee, because she's funny. And Eunny from See Eunny Knit because she is so much cooler and a better knitter than me.
7. Do you consider knitting, for you personally, a mostly social activity, or a mostly solitary activity?
mostly solitary, but it keeps me from spazing in public.
8. Is there a particular regional tradition in knitting that you feel strongly drawn toward (e.g., Fair Isle, Scandinavian, Celtic, Orenburg lace)? Any theories as to why it calls to you?
lace is soo yummy.
9. If you were a yarn, which yarn would you be?
Something wool and natural colored
10. Some statistics:
(a) How many years have passed since you FIRST learned to knit?
around 2 or 3
(b) How many total years have you been actively, regularly knitting (i.e., they don't have to have been in a row)?
the same as above
(c) how many people have you taught to knit?
sorta two. my DBF who isn't that interested, and a girl at work right before i quit working there, so i don't know if she's still knitting.
(d) Roughly what percentage of your FOs do you give away (to anyone besides yourself, i.e., including your immediate family)
maybe 2%. 5% tops
11. How often do you KIP (knit in public)? i.e., once a week, once a month, etc. Where do you do it?
12. If a genie granted you one hour to stitch-n-bitch with any one knitter, living or dead, who would you choose and why?
Stephanie Pearl McFee, as for why... see above
13. What aspect or task in knitting makes you most impatient?
14. What is it about knitting that never lets you get bored with it?
it keeps my hands busy
15. Describe how and where you most often do your knitting - where do you sit, what is going on around you, what tools do you use and how are they (dis)organized?
i knit between classes and i use yarn and needles. my needles are in a chockalate milk box and my yarn is mostly in a duffel
16. Which one person is the recipient of more of your knitting than any other?
my nephew or my DBF, i think they are tied at the moment
17. What's the oddest thing about your knitting, or yourself as a knitter?
i work on no more than 2 projects at a time
18. What do you see yourself knitting - if anything - twenty years from now?
lots and lots of sweaters
19. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could have only ONE SKEIN of yarn, which yarn would it be and what would you do with it?
the biggest honkin' ball i can find and i would go wild and then frog it and knit somthing else
20. If you were allowed to own only one knitting-related book, which would it be? (you'd be free to browse others, but you couldn't keep them)
knitting in plain english
21. Is knitting the new yoga? Why or why not?
naw, yoga is for healthy people
22. What important thing are you trying to put off doing whenever you knit?